Just in time to celebrate Earth Day, the Sterling on the Lake community is hosting its annual Recycling Event on Saturday, April 12, 2014. Residents of this master-planned community, as well as those in the surrounding area, can participate in this yearly campaign to spread environmental awareness by bringing used, old or unwanted items to the clubhouse from 9 a.m. until noon.
Last year, the Sterling on the Lake community recycled five tons of material, saving more than 15 cubic yards of landfill space. Residents also recycled more than 4 tons of mixed paper last year, saving more than 68 trees from being destroyed.
During the recycling event this year, the following items will be accepted:
- Prescription tablets and pill medications will be accepted in partnership with the DEA and Hall County Sheriff’s Office.
- Paper items to be shredded – bring any papers you need shredded, as a commercial shredder will be onsite to help you responsibly dispose of your old records, bills, etc.
- Home electronics
- Paint – all quarts and pints of paint are $1 to recycle, one gallon cans are $5 and five gallon buckets are $16.
- Athletic shoes with a rubber sole will help provide scholarship funds to sponsor girls in the new Girls on the Run program, as well as to create playground substrate.
- Bedding, towels, small rugs and blankets will be collected and used by the Hall County Animal Shelter.
In addition to the items that will be recycled at the event, Sterling on the Lake offers recycling for several items on an ongoing basis:
- Wine corks
- Baby food jars and small bottles that are cleaned and have the labels removed.
- Printer, toner and ink cartridges.
- Beads of any kind.
If you are searching for a new community to call home that regularly holds community events, cares about the environment and has beautiful homes, then be sure to visit Sterling on the Lake. Located in Hall County, this community offers a wide variety of homes and a resort lifestyle for buyers, including empty nesters. At The Springs, the easy-living community at Sterling on the Lake, new home buyers will find a variety of ranch and one-and-a-half story home plans that are designed for aging-in-place. Priced from the mid $200,000s, these seven distinct floor plans offer two to five floor plans and optional screened porches, sunrooms, three-car garages and finished basements.
For more information on these new easy-living homes or the lifestyle that can be found at The Springs at Sterling on the Lake, contact the community sales agent, Suzanne Spivey, at 404-310-4038404-310-4038 or visit www.StonecrestHomesGA.com.