Beat the Heat this Summer at Soleil Laurel Canyon
Archive Page - Links and Images have been removed.
What comes to mind when you think of summer time? Do you think of long summer days and warm summer nights? Do you think of afternoons spent over a sizzling grill with family and friends? Or, do you think ahead to the vacation that you’ve been looking forward to all year? Whatever comes to mind, summer is a time to enjoy yourself. Like James Dent said, “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing and the lawn mower is broken.”
This summer, you’ll find Soleil Laurel Canyon residents taking advantage of the long summer days on the community walking trails, the golf course and the tennis courts. You’ll also find the Soleil family gathering at the end of the day to enjoy beautiful views of the summer skies and the North Georgia Mountains. One thing you won’t find is the Georgia heat deterring residents from getting out and living the resort life at Soleil Laurel Canyon! In order to enjoy everything that summer has to offer, it is imperative to take precautionary steps to prevent any heat or sun-induced health risks.
- Be sure to hydrate.
- Hydrating is key to getting the most out of your activity or exercise at any time of year, but even more so during the summer. Make sure to drink at least six glasses of water every day and increase your intake when exercising.
- Dress appropriately for the activity.
- Wear clothes that allow your skin to breathe. Whether you are using dri-fit fabrics or loose clothing, your body will cool itself more efficiently with room to breathe.
- Avoid the “heat” of the day.
- If you are planning an outdoor activity during the summer, try to avoid being outside for extended periods of time between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. This is when the sun is strongest.
- Be mindful of having a heat stroke.
- Being aware of the symptoms of heat stroke are vital in preventing it from happening. Signs like disorientation, headache, nausea and a rapid pulse are common signs of a heat stroke.
- Review your medications.
- Some medications are sensitive to UV rays, so check the warning labels on your prescription bottles before going outside in the summer heat to ensure that it is healthy to do so.
Are you ready to heat things up this summer and live the cool resort life at Soleil Laurel Canyon? The opportunity to explore everything that active adult living has to offer at Soleil is beaming like the hot summer sun! Visit SoleilLaurelCanyon.com or get your own perspective on premier active adult living with a Discovery Tour. Call 678-880-3071 to schedule your tour today!