The bathroom is one of those rooms in your home that never seems to have enough space no matter how big it is. As you’re unpacking your boxes in your Augusta new home, trying to figure out where to put all of the bottles or hair accessories can be a puzzle. If you’re feeling slightly overwhelmed by the daunting task of organizing your bathroom, then follow these simple ideas to help you calm the clutter:
- Tackle towel storage – Sometimes a towel rack just isn’t big enough to hang the family’s towels in your new home. In that case, add some hooks in your bathroom. They’re inexpensive, easy to install and will help eliminate the fighting over whose towel is whose.
- Organize the medicine cabinet – Despite its name, the medicine cabinet is not the ideal storage location for medications due to the room’s high humidity. Consider moving them to the kitchen instead, which will also free up extra storage space for regularly used items, such as toothpaste, makeup or other grooming supplies.
- Install drawer organizers – Drawers can wind up with stuff shoved in with no thought to organization, but that can be a big problem when you’re in a hurry and can’t find your favorite shade of lipstick. Buy a drawer organizer that features different size compartments to hold your cosmetics like blush, eye shadow and mascara.
- Handle hair products – Hair dryers, flat irons, curlers, sprays and gels can take up a lot of storage space. A quick way to keep these items handy is to store them in a plastic tub under the sink that can be quickly taken out and put away without creating a mess and keeping them neat.
- Utilize space over the toilet – Take advantage of empty wall space over your toilet and install cabinets or shelving to hold extra toilet paper, toiletries or towels.
- Reconsider the shower caddy – Make sure the shower caddy in your home fits well. If it’s too big or too small, consider using one that fits over the shower head or in the corner. Only keep the essentials in the caddy, and store whatever’s extra under the sink.
- Get stylish – If you’re fortunate enough to have a lot of counter space, you might want to consider investing in decorative apothecary jars to store necessities. Clear glass jars make attractive holders for cotton swabs, soap and bath salts, and are especially handy for when guests use your bathroom so they can locate those items and help themselves.
When you’re looking for an affordable and attractive new home to buy in Augusta, Ga., Keystone Homes has you covered. We provide top quality construction, unparalleled customer service and spacious floor plans. Visit our website to see how Keystone builds more home for less.