Atlanta to Open Impressive List of Restaurants in 2014
The city of Atlanta is known as a food lover’s paradise, and it seems that there are new world-class restaurants constantly opening their doors. This year looks to be no disappointment, as there are a host of new eateries already scheduled to open throughout 2014. Plus, with more developments under way throughout the city, it can be expected that there will be many more delicious dining destinations added to the list before the year ends.
Some of the upcoming highlights that metro Atlanta residents will soon be able to enjoy run the gamut from raw bars to bowling venues and coffee shops to comfort food. The most anticipated openings for 2014 include:
- Ration and Dram: Located on Arizona Avenue, this venue from Andy Minchow is scheduled to open tomorrow, March 18. Boasting a large dinner menu and house-made sodas, this establishment is family-friendly during the day and a full-scale bar at night.
- Spice to Table: This new eatery from the chef and owner of Cardamom Hill will be a fast and casual breakfast/lunch/coffee concept that will serve “globally-inspired” fare. Located on Auburn Avenue and scheduled to open this fall, Spice to Table will also feature a retail market.
- Smokebelly: The team behind Tin Lizzy’s Cantina, The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill and Milton’s Cuisine in Crabapple are introducing this barbecue restaurant on East Andrews in Buckhead.
- Cooks and Soldiers: Slated to open later this year, this concept from Castellucci Hospitality Group will be located in West Midtown on 14th Street. The restaurant calls itself a “modern Pinxto bar featuring the cuisine of the Basque country of Spain and France.”
- Polaris: Located atop the Hyatt Regency downtown, this revolving blue dome restaurant will consist of many fun features, such as a living room, in addition to the bar and dining room.
- The Painted Pin: If you’re looking for entertainment to go along with your meal, this forthcoming restaurant is the place to go. Touted as an “upscale boutique bowing and entertainment venue,” patrons will find all kinds of games to entertain them, including bowling, bocce ball, shuffleboard and more.
- The Bishop: Located in Avondale Estates, this restaurant plans to include both comfort food dishes and classic menu items, such as hearty soups, gourmet sandwiches and much more.
- Old 4th Distillery: Expect to see small-batch gin and vodka distilled on Edgewood Avenue at this new brewery, which will also offer a tasting room and tours.
In addition to these restaurants, there are many mixed-use developments currently under construction throughout the city that will bring a host of new restaurants to Atlanta.
- Buckhead Atlanta already has 10 impressive restaurants on board, including Georgetown Cupcake and Georgia’s first Shake Shack location.
- Krog Street Market is scheduled to open as early as July and has a long list of mostly local restaurants that will call this Old Fourth Ward development home.
- Avalon, a new mixed-use development in Alpharetta, is currently under construction and slated to open this fall. The development’s committed tenants include Oak Steakhouse, Caffee Gio, Bantu Noodles and much more.
- Ponce City Market has finally announced its anticipated list of concepts that will call the Central Food Hall home, including H&F Burger and Honeysuckle Gelato.
For a full list of scheduled restaurant openings in Atlanta, click here.Contact Us