Affordable Design Tips from Soleil Laurel Canyon
Archive Page - Links and Images have been removed.
Looking to transform a space without blowing your budget? Our team at Soleil Laurel Canyon has listened to the experts at HGTV to uncover the tricks-of-the-trade when it comes to decorating your home.
Here are some tips to help you enhance your space:
- Bedding – Look for one-day sales throughout the year at stores like Bloomingdales, Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy’s. You’ll find top-notch styles to fit your budget. Also check out www.companystore.com for awesome deals.
- Hardware – HGTV’s Vern Yip recommends www.doorknobdiscountcenter.com for high quality doorknobs at affordable prices. Another idea is to venture to a local flea market for some unique accents.
- Lamps –Already have an antique lamp? Modernize it by adding a simple white shade or spray painting the base. If you are looking to purchase a new lamp, visit Lamps Plus. You may get “turned on” to a great deal and they always comp the shipping.
- Refrigerators – Did you know that manufacturers bring out new refrigerators in June? This means the best time to shop is in May when the retailers slash prices on last year’s models.
- Towels – According to HGTV’s Danielle Colding, the towels in Macy’s Hotel Collection are luxurious and inexpensive when Macy’s is having a one-day sale. Other stylish, affordable options can be found at Target and JCPenney.
- Trees – The best time to buy and plant trees is from late August through December when the nurseries are clearing stock for the winter – you’ll be able to save 30 to 40 percent on plantings like white pines and privets.
Soleil also has an on-site Design Gallery for our residents to receive expert advice on every step of the Atlanta home design process. If you’d like to learn more about how you can design your dream home at our award-winning community, contact our sales office at 678-880-3071 or visit the Soleil Laurel Canyon website. Happy bargain hunting!