Keystone Homes Offers Tips on Selling Your Home in a Seller’s Market
Now that that housing market is showing positive signs of continued growth, are you considering finally selling your Augusta home? Well, we have good news. With the current sellers market, now is the best time in years to sell your home! If you’re ready to begin the process, here are some great tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t scare off potential buyers. If you are working with a real estate professional, they are aware of the value of comparable homes that have recently sold in your area. While you might feel that you should price your home higher, the house may sit on the market for an extended period of time if the price isn’t right. The best way to encourage offers on your home is to price it competitively when compared with recent sales.
- If you plan to upsize and purchase a larger home, don’t wait to accept the best possible offer for your home. Even though you might think you can sell your home for more money if you wait, the appreciation on the new, larger home would be greater. If you are choosing to downsize, the math works the other way, so it is better to wait for a higher offer.
- Making minor, obvious repairs to your home can significantly increase the speed that your home gets sold. Repairing leaky roofs, cleaning and getting rid of clutter or solving electrical or plumbing problems can help your home sell faster, because most new home buyers don’t have the money to tackle improvements after making a down payment. It will benefit you to make your home as move-in ready as possible.
- While rapidly rising prices may attract more buyers in a seller’s market, deals can sometimes be harder to close due to low appraisals that may have occurred up to six months earlier, making the appraisals out-of-date in today’s market. It is helpful to have your real estate agent accompany the appraiser to show them improvements that have been made to the property, as well as to supply data about the latest comparable sales.
- Another great way to increase the chance of selling your home quickly is to stage your home by replacing or rearranging furniture right before you take photos and post your sales listing only. The majority of your interested candidates are going to start their search online, so you want to make sure that you are making the best first impression possible. You may want to consider hiring a professional photographer to photograph both the interior and exterior of your home. Redfin found that homes listed between $300,000 and $400,000 that had professional photographs online typically sold for about $3,000 more than homes without professional pictures.
If you are beginning your new home search while also listing your current home on the market, consider Keystone Homes. We are a family-owned builder that would be delighted to build your new home and help you through this hectic yet exciting process. We have beautiful new homes for sale in a variety of floor plans, suitable for a growing family or even empty nesters looking to downsize. Visit our website at www.BuildKeystone.com to begin your home buying journey today.Contact Us